This program is designed for those who have little experience or training in boxing or kick-boxing and would like to know the basics of Muay Thai.
Level 1 is suitable for boys and girls age 16+ and men and women of all ages providing they are suitable for physical activity. The level of exercise is individually tailored according to one's ability, endurance and performance.
Prior to the beginning of the program, an individual session with the Head Trainer or Thai Master will assess your status to customise your training.
Medical clearance to perform any sports activity. You can enrol in this level if you are healthy enough to go to a regular gym and endure a standard fitness session. There is no pre-requisite in Thai Boxing.
If you have any medical condition or suffered an injury, just let us know in advance so that we can act accordingly.
What will you learn
- General intro of Muay Thai
- Improving your guard stance and footwork
- How to throw punches (several techniques)
- How to throw kicks (several techniques)
- How to hit with elbows (several techniques)
- How to hit with knees (several techniques)
- Pair clinching
- Improving your middle kick
- Pair training (with coach and athletes)
This program features 2 training sessions per day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each of the duration of 2 hours.
Between the AM and the PM sessions athletes are expected to eat lunch and rest, hence if you are travelling with friends or family, we suggest not to make social plans in the afternoon as you will not recover in time and feel too tired to learn proficiently in the second session. Of course, if you want to spend some family time during the break you can all relax by the pool at the Resort or at the near-by beach. Evenings are free.
What do you need?
You will need to bring your own equipment :
- Gloves, suitable to hit pads and boxing bag
- Groin Guard
- Skipping rope
- Towel for gym
- Towel for swimming pool
We also suggest:
- Personal Water bottle
- Electrolytes (with hot weather is very important to hydrate the body with vitamins and mineral during training.) You can also buy them here in every local store open 24/24h.
- Whey protein
Actually, if you want to travel light and spare some extra room in your luggage, you can even buy our gorgeous 7MT original apparel here at the Camp.